Friday, April 17, 2009

15 minutes

It is a common dilemma amongst any crafters . . . how can we find time to craft and maintain a fairly organized room? Often times the 'to do' list can be overwhelming and can discourage us from creating.

Large projects can be overwhelming. We often lack the time necessary to complete the task all in one sitting. So I have broken down my 'to do' list to tasks that can be completed in 15 minutes.

This is the first of my 15 minute projects. The problem: My acrylic paints were stored on a rack that hung over a door. The paints were up high making it difficult to find the color I wanted. So I moved the paints into a box and store them in a drawer. 15 minutes. A few days later I painted a little swatch on the top of the bottles for easy color reference. Another 15 minute project!

All projects don't have to be small. You can attack a large project dedicating 15 minutes at a time. Imagine if you could dedicate 15 minutes a day, several days a week, how fast these projects would be completed.

Given our busy schedules these days it's easier to find 15 minutes to organize our scrapbook room than to find a block of several hours, or days, to complete the same task. So as often as possible I will post some of my 15 minute projects and encourage you to share your 15 minute projects with me.

So . . . what are you going to do in your scrapbook room this week in 15 minutes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspired by your blog I've simply taken an item from a pile on my desk and put it away. If I have another minute, I take the next item and put IT away. The momentum is contagious...this last weekend I managed to clear my desk off AND the floor! Thanks for your suggestions!

Sonia said...

Thanks for sharing your great ideas for organizing.

Sharon said...

Great storage idea for your paints. I've also got mine in a plastic bin with a lid. I'll post a pic in the future of the type/size of bin. They're stacking shoebox bins I think. Having the colors on the top is a nice touch. I think mine still have the original colored dot which has probably faded throughout the years.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...