Friday, July 17, 2009

Just getting back to things . . .

We are just getting back from our little family vacation to Florida. While visiting the area we hoped to see the Space Shuttle launch. As is our luck, the Endeavour did not take off until we were in the airport about to board the plane home. Sigh! I did manage however to accomplish one of my goals for this trip . . . taking my Nikon D50 off auto mode. I am experimenting with different settings on my camera and hope to share the experience with you in the very near future.

Now that our vacation is over the REAL fun begins! LOL. As you see from the photo on the right, my bedroom is a mess of suitcases and carry-on bags that need to be unpacked. Talk about a 15 minute project on a large scale! But that is exactly what I am going to do. It's too nice outside to be trapped indoors cleaning.

Lastly, I FINALLY found the island for my sb room! It's actually a kitchen island with shelves, drawers and cabinet doors. It has lots of storage space but one of the best things about this piece . . . I don't have to paint it! LOL!! The body is black & the top is a cheery colored wood. The dual wood tones of the island bring together, in one single piece, all the wood tones that already exist in the room. Hope to assemble it this weekend. Stay tuned for additional photos! YEAH!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BEACH PHOTO!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...