Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .

Capturing the holiday lights is a photography skill that I have yet to master. Nonetheless I am pretty pleased at how these pictures turned out. Once again I used my Nikkor 50mm 1:14D lens with the camera set on P mode and an ISO of 1600. Hope you enjoy.

Christmas Tree
As you can see from this photo . . . I still need to find a skirt for the tree. :-)


Fireplace
I love the decor over my fireplace. This photo is a little darker than I would like. :-( Still trying to find the right angle on the external flash so that the overhead light on the fireplace doesn't cast a shadow or the flash doesn't wash out the picture all together. :-( Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


The idea of adding a wreath in front of the mirror was inspired by the gal over at In My Own Style. I originally learned of her blog because her mantel was posted PK's blog, Room Remix. Both of these ladies have some INCREDIBLE decorating idea. Go take a peek. You will not be disappointed.


Tray
I previously posted a picture of this little vignette I created. Since then I exchange the frame for a mirror and viola! Luv the additional elegance the mirror adds.

Ornaments


In addition to hanging ornaments on the tree this year I am displaying the ornaments in various clear glass or apothecary jars. For this particular display I sprinkled the ornaments with a little snow for an added touch of whimsy. The little angel I purchased at a flower shop but can easily be duplicated . . . a Cricut image . . . a little glitter and you've got an instant angel.

Well this is all for now. As always, thanks for stopping by . . .

Yoli

1 comment:

suetography said...

I check everyday to see if you've added to your blog! LOVE THIS! Thanks for sharing and getting all of us into the holiday spirit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...