Friday, February 11, 2011

Can't see what's inside the drawers? No problem . . .

Although I'm technically suppose to be organizing my Inky Station, inspiration struck me so I decided to finish this project first.  This is not my original idea but I thought it was a practical and beautiful way of labeling my Ikea CD holder.  So although I cannot physically see inside the drawers, thanks to my new little labels I now know exactly the treasures it holds inside.

I started with an Ikea CD holder and a 3x3" metal frame. Unfortunately I only had one metal frame. So I made a 2nd frame from black cardstock.  I used the metal frame as my template.  Can you tell which is which?  The frame on the left is made of metal. 

I then removed the label from the CD case. You'll need to exercise your muscles a little to get it off.


I then photographed the contents, printed and cropped the photo.  Afterwards, I simply adhered the paper frame and photo to the drawer with double sided sticky tape.  This way if the contents change I can easily change out the label.  I've also kept a template of the frame for future use. 


Love the drawers and the label but as I look it at it now I think to myself . . . "should have painted them first".  A little backwards I know . . . oh well.  But I think the drawers would love even nicer when I paint them in the slate blue color that accents the room.  When I finish phase II of this project I promise to post an updated photo.
 
In the meantime, thanks for stopping by . . .

Yoli


3 comments:

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Hi Yoli, go visit my blog left you an award. Love your blog....

Yoli said...

Oh my goodness . . . my first blog award. Thank you so very much. I shall post the award and my own nominations. Again, thank you. I am touched my the recommendation.

Yoli said...

Hi Cherrie

Finally posted my own nominations for the blog award. Thank you so much for the nomination. I'm tickled pink. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...