I started with an Ikea CD holder and a 3x3" metal frame. Unfortunately I only had one metal frame. So I made a 2nd frame from black cardstock. I used the metal frame as my template. Can you tell which is which? The frame on the left is made of metal.
I then removed the label from the CD case. You'll need to exercise your muscles a little to get it off.
I then photographed the contents, printed and cropped the photo. Afterwards, I simply adhered the paper frame and photo to the drawer with double sided sticky tape. This way if the contents change I can easily change out the label. I've also kept a template of the frame for future use.
Love the drawers and the label but as I look it at it now I think to myself . . . "should have painted them first". A little backwards I know . . . oh well. But I think the drawers would love even nicer when I paint them in the slate blue color that accents the room. When I finish phase II of this project I promise to post an updated photo.
In the meantime, thanks for stopping by . . .