Monday, August 22, 2011

Photo tour of Chi-town

I'm on a roll . . . not only did I finally complete a mini-album this week but I also finished this layout.  I've been working on this LO, on and off, for a few weeks.  Now it's finally done!

These LOs are the first, in a series, of a family trip to Chicago we took back in 2007.  You may click on any of the photo images for a larger view.  For the first page I used a swinging shutter page protector from Memory Book.  The design for the front page was inspired by Lauren Bergold's New York travel book. 

I absolutely luv the embellishment she made so I knew I was going to make one for this trip.  I started by using a Chicago city map for the background of the embellishment.  For the cityscape, I drew and hand cut the buildings using another cityscape embellishment as my template.  The ferris wheel came from the Summer Vacation Cricut cartridges.  The Chicago marquee sign is from EK.  I outlined the letters with silver Stickles for a more authentic look. 


Inside page
The page in the middle I believe was inspired by a LO I saw on CK.  I used a mask and some glitter mist from Tattered Angels to embellish the background. 


For the title on the page I used another city scape and a pizza embellishment from EK.  

Left side of the page
This is a photo of I took at the Navy Pier.  I do not own a 12x12 printer so I printed an 8x10 copy and cropped it to fit the page protector.  I then embellished the bottom of the page to fill out the page protector. 

Right side of the page
This photo was taken at the Lincoln Park Zoo.  Luv that city scape in the background.  The boat ride around the lake was fun although a little scary because my 4 year old would not stay still inside the boat. 

Hope you enjoyed the pages.  Now to finish the printer's tray. 

As always, thanks for stopping by . . . Yoli

3 comments:

Marianne in MD said...

What a great layout, Yoli! I can see why it took so long with all those details. Well worth it!

suetography said...

I am always in awe of the layouts you come up with - inspiring!!!!

Yoli said...

Thank you ladies for your kind comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...