Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DYI plush velvet pumpkin

Plush velvet pumpkin
I've coveted one of these babies since I saw them last year.  However with a price point of $25 it was out of my budget.  Besides, it looked rather easy to make.  Fast forward a year.  The other day I am in the fabric store when I noticed the orange velvet fabric.  I was reminded of this project so I decided to give it a try.  The orange velvet is a little brighter than I wanted but not bad for a first try. 

I used dried beans to fill the inside of the pumpkin.  To add a little something to the top, I added an autumn themed decorative piece (I think they are called picks) I picked up at Michael's.  I did not have a real stem so I used the stem from the pick.  A little thread . . . a little hot glue . . . and vuala I have my first plush velvet pumpkin.  I want to make a few more but this time in a beautiful sage and auburgine color.

New toy
Just in time for the holidays I ordered a new toy from HSN.  Its a hot glue gun mat and tools.  It has 3 protective covers for your fingers that are said to withstand heat up to 600 F.  I used it for the first time while making the velvet pumpkin AND I am happy to say it works!
As always, thanks for stopping by . . . Yoli

1 comment:

Yoli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...