Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Storing memorabilia -- Part I

I use to store my memorabilia in the same accordion file with my paper scraps. I had hoped that the vintage carousel I purchased from Pottery Barn awhile back would solve that problem. Well it turns out that most of the memorabilia is either too small (tickets, for example) or too big (playbills, for example).

So thanks to my organizing guru sisters at the Yahoo scrapbooking rooom group I now have a system for my memorabilia.

(1) Most of the memorabilia is stored in a large Ziploc bag.

(2) Bag is labeled, filed by date and stored in the blue organizer I got from QVC. The file side of this 'cabinet' is able to store 12x12 papers.

(3) On the vintage carousel I've purposely stored a few postcards to serve as a daily reminder to use my memorabilia. The carousel also holds cards I've made or received and a few pre-made frames . . . something else I keep forgetting to use on my LOs.

Part II of this project will be a little more time consuming. I am going to backup my photos onto CDs and put a little mark next to photos that have memorabilia.
So tell me . . . how do you store your memorabilia?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you go!

Anonymous said...

I had to revisit your site to let you know that I'm using your glad bag idea to contain my collection of stuff from my last trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...