Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Butterfly project





















The idea for this beautiful project came from the creative genius of none other than Debbie Weller. The minute I saw this project I knew I had to make one as a birthday gift for my friend who is a butterfly enthusiasts.

The project is relatively easy to make. For the butterfly image I simply used three different sized butterfly stamps from Club Scrap's Great Outdoors kit. If you have the Cricut Indie cart it has a wonderful butterfly image that would work great for this project.

To give the project dimension I used several layers of pop dots on each of the butterflies. Although you can't tell from the photos each of the butterflies have at least one pop dot. For more detailed instructions on how to make this project please visit Deb's website.

I am worst than a 4 year old because now I want one of my own! Next time however I am going to use more butterflies. I like it better when the butterflies are clustered closer together . . . like in Deb's project. For now . . . I am just happy to have finished the project on time. I am certain the birthday girl will appreciate all the love & thought that went into making her a hand made gift. Thanks Deb's for the inspiration and a special thanks to Nancie for lending me those beautiful stamps.

3 comments:

4nancie said...

This came out Great. Glad I could help

suetography said...

Wow! How beautiful! Nice job!

angelina said...

Love it! What a great gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...