Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hostess thank you gifts


Last month I took an unexpected trip to Puerto Rico. Although the reason for my visit was a very sad one, my brother's funeral, I was glad to visit family that I have not seen in seven years!

As a way of thanking them for their wonderful hospitality I made these little hostess gifts. The original idea came from Jessica Santiago. To view some of incredible artwork please visit her blog .

So let me tell you how I made these hostess gifts.

I used two large pieces of heavy cardstock. One cardstock measured 12" x 4.5". The second piece measured 6" x 15".

I scored the cardstock so that 4x6 pictures fit inside the box. I then adhered the pieces together to form a cross making sure I placed the longer piece horizontally.

When you lift up the front cover to this little box this is what you see. I used a complimentary paper for the inside flap of the box. I also used rub-ons to convey a message, rounded two of the edges and distressed them for added detail. Almost any embellishment will work great here.

When you finally open the last flap the recipient will find two things. The first thing they will see is a selection of photos commemorating our trip. Once the pictures are removed from the box the recipient should then notice our personalized message.

These hostess gifts were fun to make. This simple box is a unique and beautiful way of expressing our gratitude for the wonderful hospitality we enjoyed.

Could not leave without giving you a closer look at one of my favorites. :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

Yoli

1 comment:

Unknown said...

te felicito por esos regalos que preparaste, se nota que fueron con mucho amor y que mejor que fotos para regalar algo especial. Jannette

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...