Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SPOILER: Altered dress form

The inspiration for this beautiful altered dress form came from Stacy Cohen. Her art was featured in the Dec/Jan issue of Simply Handmade magazine. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make one for a swap . . . not to mention one for me. :-)


I love the details of this dress form. The bodice is made of red sequin and beads. The skirt on the other hand is made of beautiful papers & ribbons adorned by Stickles finished by a bling studded belt buckle. Just luv it!

I would estimate that the bodice alone took me 2-3 hrs to complete. The problem was that the opening of the bead was larger than the pin head. So in order to insure the beads did not fall off I used a TON of Crystal Effects (CE). I dabbed a bit of CE . . . placed a sequin . . . dabbed more CE on top of the sequin . . . placed bead and pin with one last dab of CE for good measure! You can see why it took me so long. However, once I got a rhythm things naturally sped up. The skirt on the other hand was easy as pie. :-)


Supplies:
*body forms by Dylite. Purchased on eBay.
*Red sequin, beads and size 8 (1/2") straight pins
*Crystal Effects
*papers and ribbon from my stash.

TFL and thanks for stopping by!

Yoli

10 comments:

Caraquena said...

very pretty, worth all the hard work.

Sonia said...

Wow! I love how you did this dress.. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL and Elegant!.. you are ver creative lady.
Thanks for the inspiration!!

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

D said...

What an amazing dress. You are so incredibly inventive and creative! You should design clothes.

suetography said...

AVE MY GOODNESS!

Be-u-tiful!

Yoli said...

You ladies are too kind! Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the dress form. I liked it so much I'm making one for my own room.

Stacy Cohen said...

Ooooooh, I love it! GREAT job on this! And thanks so much for linking me up and letting me know.

BABYBORICUA said...

TE QUEDO PRECIOSO HAY UN TUTORIAL PARA HACERLO ESTA HERMOSO...GRACIAS POR COMPARTIRLO CON TUS AMIGAS SCRAPERAS.....

Myrna Marcano said...

Saludos!! Quedo espectacular ! Gracias por compartir.
Abrazos, Myrna

ScrappingDeb said...

OMgosh Yoli, another pretty, pretty dress. I just finished two of the manequins that you made on the banner for a swap - and now I've found this one. I'm afraid I'm going to HAVE to make this also.

Yoli said...

I'm so glad you ladies luv this dress form. It is one of my favorite. I'm nearly done with the one I'm making for myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...