Saturday, August 7, 2010

The good . . . the bad . . . and the ugly!

THE GOOD NEWS:
I read a street billboard that said something like, "The anticipation of knowing you have to wait makes you anxious and increases your perceived wait time". I guess that's what happened to me. Busy schedule aside,my perception was that it would take a long time to clean up the mess. As a result, the room has been messy for months! Reality: I'm happy to report that all three of the work surfaces in my sb room are now clean!!! And I did it all in just one afternoon. :-)


In addition to having a clean space I was delighted to have found a few treasures. One such treasure was a set of UMs I purchased back in May!! So I trimmed the rubber . . . treated it . . . created images for the index file and stored each of the UMs in a CD case! I also finally assembled the stool hubby purchased for me as my Mother's Day gift! See photo above.
Oh wait . . . there is more! Also back in May I ordered 3 new Cricut cartridges. Until today the cartridges were unopened in their original shipping box! Sigh!! They are now organized in one of those generic Cricut storage boxes.


THE BAD NEWS:
As you can see in this next photo, I was only able to clear out one side of the room. :-( However, this side of the room is cluttered with mainly with things like my old school text books, files, and camera equipment . . . none of which should be on the floor! So I am looking for a new file cabinet to organize the docs. In the meantime, I have to find a safe home for my camera equipment and begin organizing the embellishments from the drawer, which BTW is FULL, in my Scrap Rack.

For now . . . I'm savoring my little victory over part of the mess in that room! :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

Yoli

4 comments:

JustYolie said...

Too funny! I'm in the process of "cleaning" my room too....I know the feeling oh to well! :)

Anonymous said...

1. Congrats on Work surfaces being clean!
2. Love your billboard comment. Too true!
3. My husband is a self professed SLOB. He read that cleaning out things 30 minutes a day would make great progress. I smiled and said "that would be wonderful. you have to start someplace." (My inside voice was laughing!!!!! In my head, all I could think was 30 minutes a day... there aren't enough years left...to make progress. And you can mess more up during the rest of the day.) To my surprise, he is making great progress. Sometimes, I love it when I am wrong!!!!!! Luckily, you didn't have as much to do.... if you cleaned in 1 afternoon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I respect honesty! This is the part most of us hide! Thanks for your honesty!!!! You are a true inspiration!!!

Yoli said...

Too funny! I would love to have my husband prove me wrong and get his Lego room organized.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...