Monday, September 19, 2011

Remember

Still working on my GD's 8th grade graduation photos.  For this particular LO I set two goals.  The first was to remember our special time together while still commemorating her achievement.  Secondly, given the number or graduation pages I've already completed, I wanted to use non-traditional graduation embellishments for this page.  So I came up with this design. 


To achieve my first goal I used some old photos of Alexa and myself going back to when she was born.  For the second goal (non-traditional graduation embellishments) I used a paper from Pink Paislee's Daily Junque collection.  I also used a brick wall background stamp from Marah Johnson to frame the picture.  But my favorite embellishments for this page has to be the dress form.  


I can't remember where I saw this idea but I absolutely luv it.  The process takes a little patience but it's really easy to make.  I simply wrapped twine, in this case it came from the Daily Junque collection, around the bodice of a dress form (cut using a TH die).  I applied A LOT of adhesive to both the front and back of the bodice.  I then started wrapping the twine around the bodice.  Once I was done I also applied some Mod Podge for good measure.  Lastly I added a little bling as a finishing touch. 


As always, thanks for stopping by . . .


Yoli

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...