Monday, November 7, 2011

A LO AND a project!

A new LO
This is the first, in a series, of pictures of a sista's trip to NYC back in 2007.  There were two shutter bugs on that trip.  I am going to have to pare down the number of photos to a manageable selection for my album.  Wish me luck!
This is a simple LO of our first day in NYC.  Immediately upon checking into the hotel we walked down to Times Square where my poor SIL discovered that Times Square isn't really a square.  :-( 

For the LO I made a postcard using my Vintage Postcard stamp set from CTMH.  I needed some white space on the LO to balance the busyness of the Times Square photos.  At the bottom of the postcard I added a cityscape from Basic Grey's Wander Collection.  To give the cityscape some dimension I cut out some of the buildings and added pop dots underneath.  Now all I need to do is finish my journaling.   

My new project
I've had some trouble decorating my fireplace.  I luv the rich, red but the color often masked any decorations on the mantle.  So I finally settled on white decor for the mantle. 


I found a few pieces that went well on the mantle but still felt like there was something missing.  Than I remember how much I liked how my mantle turned out last Christmas with a wreath placed over the mirror.  So I decided to make a coffee filter wreath to get the same effect.  You can find various tutorials on how to make the wreaths right here. 

I started by gluing the coffee filters to the wreath but got tired of burning my fingers.  So I switched to straight pins which was slightly less painful.  :-(  Once I bought a thimble though all was right with the world.  :-)  As a seasonal decor I added a feather and pumpkin which can easily be removed once the season has passed.  The little green flower was my son's contribution to this project.  :-)  In total I spent less than $10 on this project. 

As always, thanks for stopping by . . . Yoli


1 comment:

DanImports said...

Well this post certainly reminds me of the time when I worked as a barista. It was a great job but the pay was not enough for my mortgage. Now I am working from home selling import export goods online, mostly digital items and gifts for this upcoming Christmas. My profits have been looking great and I was able to pay off my mortgage also. Everyone can do this, work from home and earn big profits online. The question is HOW and WHERE to find info.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...