Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy All-Hallows-Eve

I am looking forward to going out trick-or-treating with my son today.  I've spent the past few weeks working nearly 12-14 hour days on a project for a non-profit organization.  So today its all about him. 

Before I share my project with you today I wanted to post a photo I took at a local pumpkin patch.  I luv how the morning dew revealed Mrs. Spider's handiwork. 

Alice in Wonderland Tea Cup
This little beauty was suppose to be part of a lottery challenge.  When the tea cup theme was announced I immediately remembered a project I saw in a magazine and knew what I wanted to make. Unfortunately life just sort of got in the way and I did not complete it in time for the challenge. :-(

I already had the tea cup.  I purchased it at a local thrift shop right after I saw the idea in the magazine.  To start the project I simply adhered (using decoupage) some old Sears Roebuck catalog pages to both the plate and the tea cup. 
Once the decoupage was dried I painted the plate and added some embellishments.
Jester Cat is one of my favorite embellishments on the plate.  I luv how he is peeking out of the frame just to show us his naughty smile.  The frame is from Melissa Frances.

For the cup . . . well I guess you can say I temporary went a little 'mad'.  Must have been out of my mind when I decided to paint an argyle pattern on the cup but I luv the finished product.  Although hard to see in this picture, I added a little bling between each triangle to make the pattern pop. 

Another detail that is hard to see in these pictures is the dimension of each character.  To do this I simply stamped the image twice and then used pop dots to create dimension between each layer.  
As a finishing touch I added a face watch to the tea cup, two colorful hands and a crown brad to hold it all together. 

Although this project looks very time intensive it honestly took me about 3-5 hours to complete.  There was a lot of drying time.  The decoupage pages needed to dry overnight and paint needed to dry for a few hours.  So I was only able to work on it about 15 min a day.  From start to finish it took me about almost 2 weeks working 15-20 minutes at a time. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing my project.  Moreover, I hope you enjoy today. 

Happy Halloween!


No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...