Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Stencils making using a glue gun

I luv stencils, especially the large 12x12s.  However, stencils can be a little pricey.  So when I got a link to a website that purported to make stencils using a glue gun I HAD to check it out.  The artist, Traci Bautista, was looking for a way to make stencils out of her doodles.  So after experimenting with a few medias she discovered her glue gun gave her the best results.

So of course I had to give this a try.  So here are three stencils I made just playing around with my glue gun. 


This is the negative space they leave behind once the stencil is lifted off the page.  Not bad for a first try.  I used just a regular mini-glue gun to create these stencils.  Since my glue gun has just one tip, I did have to trace over the image several times to make the edges sturdy enough.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . the possibilities.  

Until the next time my friends . . . Yoli

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...