Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9-11

 
In 2007 I took a girl's trip with my SILs to NYC.  A stop to the World Trade Center (WTC) to pay our respects was a must during this trip. 
 
At the time of our visit the foundation of the new WTC building was under construction.  We were visiting hollowed ground so I wanted my LOs to reflect the somber mood of the visit.  I created three 2 page LOs of the visit.  The first two LOs were dedicated to remembering the tragedy.  The last page is dedicated to our efforts to move forward.
 
For the first page I used photos from a book I purchased,  "A Place of Remembrance: Official Book of the National September 11 Memorial".  The title on the page reflects how I felt that day. 
 
 
For the second page I used a timeline that recorded the events on 9-11.  The idea once again came from the book, "A Place of Remembrance".  The paper collage I believe was purchased from Scrap-My-Trip.
 
The last LO is more reflective.  The page on the left side is an artistic rendition of what the New York skyline will look like after the World Trade Center is completed.  For the page on the right I used a title I found at the WTC memorial.  At first I was taken back by its brutal honestly but in time I've embraced its message.  Well . . . sort of . . . I still haven't been able to journal how I was impacted by the events of 9-11. 
 

So today I pray.
 
I pray for the souls of the victims who died on 9-11.
May they rest in peace.
 
I pray for the survivors of 9-11.
May they have peace in their heart.
 
I pray for the families whose loved ones died tragically on 9-11.
As Vice-President Biden said, "may the memory of their families bring a smile to their lips before it brings a tear to their eyes".
 
I pray for the brave soldiers who serve our country.
May God reward their bravery by granting them peace in their hearts.
 
I pray for us too . . . for we were ALL affected by this tragedy. May we never forget!



Yoli

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thank you for posting. This is beautiful.
Rinda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...