Sunday, April 6, 2008

Phase II -- bookshelves

The bookshelves along the wall are the first things you see when you first enter my SB room. Here are the upcoming changes:

1. I am currently using a buffet table to store my scanner, some WM stamps and the Scrap Rack. I love the Scrap Rack but it is bulky and unsightly. So the Scrap Rack is going to be stored in the closet but I have to build shelves in the closet first. In place of the buffet table I am going to place a bench in that area. I've gone back and forth with this idea since I realize that I would be loosing valuable storage space. However, DS likes to 'scrap' with me and on occasion DH will study in my SB room while I am working on a LO. So my SB has sort of become our pseudo family room on the second floor.

2. Depending on how that table looks with the bench I may or may not keep it. If I keep it I will paint the legs black. There are two different colored woods in the room; black and cheery colored wood. Painting the table a dual color will help unify the different colors of the wood.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...