Monday, July 23, 2012

Photography Scavenger Hunt

#17 on Rinda's Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt -- a church 


Cathedral Dulce Nombre de Jesus.  This cathedral is located in my hometown of Caguas, Puerto Rico.  Typical of Spanish architecture, the city of Caguas was built around a central plaza.  City streets then radiated from the plaza.  Each plaza also had a church.  According to Wiki, the church predates the city's founding in 1775.

I love Spanish architecture so whenever possible I try to capture its beauty on film.  I especially love photographing old churches.  So here are a few more churches I photographed during my stay in Puerto Rico.  Like the cathedral in Caguas, the churches pictured below are also located in their respective city plaza. 
Utuado, Puerto Rico

Cathedral Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe
Ponce, Puerto Rico

Thanks for stopping by . . . Yoli

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...